“When the mind is full of judgment or fear it is using the mental resources you need to see opportunities.”
No matter how smart you are, your brain still seems to get the best of you when you are under pressure, irritated, or just plain busy. Yet you can outsmart your brain and make more powerful choices if you know how your brain works. You can ease your tension, settle arguments, and release frustrations with your knowledge of the brain. Dr. Reynolds will help you understand and even laugh at how your brain works so you can consciously choose how to better commit your time, your mind and your heart for greater success.
During this presentation, you will learn how to:
- Understand what is really driving your thoughts and behavior, especially under pressure.
- Catch yourself before you react and instead, tell your brain what to do.
- Shift into the “optimal productive state” to make the best decisions in the moment
- Use a technique called “beginner’s mind” to see new possible solutions
Your brain could be keeping you from the success you deserve. Don’t let it! Dr. Reynolds will help you stay on top of your game by outsmarting your brain.
“You gave me a new dimension and techniques I have practiced ever since your program. As a result, I am hoping to see the development of more leaders in our organization plus a higher level of service, improved staff morale and commitment of heart and energy.” – Z. Orem, HR Director, World Vision, Somalia
This program is the Dr. Reynolds’ most successful keynote world-wide. She can also deliver half-day and multiple-day programs depending on your needs.
Sample one-day program includes:
- Become emotionally self-aware so you can “catch your emotions” before you react.
- Shift into an optimal emotional state where negative states disappear.
- Establish an emotional connection with clients and colleagues to enhance negotiations and persuasiveness.
- Practice a four-step process for being present to ensure your mastery of emotional choice and engagement.
I. Being Emotionally Self-Alert
- Understand the emotional brain and its effects on behavior.
- Identify how emotional states show up in your body.
- Discover your primary emotional triggers and how to stay self-aware under pressure
II. Developing Awareness of Emotional Sources in Others
- Learn how to shift your emotions at will
- Identify the three major blocks to change – willingness, desire and courage
- Understand and use the three levels of listening to increase your impact
- Practice energy management
- Use focusing to shift your emotions
- Determine your daily routine to master your brain
For a two-day program, participants will learn how to use the skills when having difficult conversations.