You can survive if you play by The Playground Rules
WHO: Marcia Reynolds, PsyD, Master Certified Coach and Past President of the International Coach Federation, is an expert in emotional intelligence who teaches people how to maintain their positive focus in even the most stressful situations. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, Health Magazine and Marie Claire. She is a frequent television and radio guest from coast to coast.
WHAT: Capture the Rapture: How to Step Out of Your Head and Leap Into Life (Hathor Hill Press, October 2000, $16.95). In her book, Dr. Reynolds explains how to choose a more joyful way of being. Happiness is not a ‘hit or miss’ proposition. It’s yours everyday – yes, even during the stressful times. Marcia tells your audience how to experience joy no matter what personal challenges we face.
WHY: How do you keep up your spirit when you’ve circled the mall parking lot five times looking for a parking place? How can you enjoy a family dinner when your job is on the line? Marcia Reynolds helps listeners tackle these and other problems by reminding them to play by the playground rules, which can help them keep smiling through the long lines at the post office and all the other unique challenges of our daily lives.
- No Running: Life is blurry in the fast lane. Slow down. Savor the day at your own pace.
- Plug into curiosity: What shape is tonight’s moon? When was the last time you made your grandmother’s brownie recipe? Called an old friend? Plug into your day.
- Stop whining: Complaints bear down heavily on the human wings. Marcia offers a nifty exercise to keep your heart light.
- Choose your playmates well: You may not be able to choose your family, but you can choose your friends. Keep your playground filled with your cheerful friends. Laugh, daydream, and be silly.
- Let go of your ego: Laugh at your mistakes and forgive the faults of others. We don’t always have to be right. Deflate your need for perfection or importance and you’ll feel lighter than air.
- Don’t worry, be happy: Touch, hug, and kiss dear family and friends whenever you can. Your soul will smile, and so will theirs.
- Wear play clothes: Dress for comfort. Wear loose-fitting clothes that you can move in, wrinkle, and get dirty. The idea is to relax and have a good time.
- Experiment and explore: Change your routines. Take different roads to familiar destinations. Deliver flowers to a cranky neighbor. Eat ice cream for breakfast and oatmeal with raisins for dinner. Compliment strangers. Experiment with joy everyday.
AVAILABILITY: Dr. Marcia Reynolds is available for interviews in Phoenix and nationally via phone. Call Covisioning, 602-954-9030, Info@OutsmartYourBrain.com